Theta Chi can trace its roots at The University of Nevada all the way back to Phi Gamma, a local fraternity that was established in 1922. Phi Gamma would eventually become the Iota Chapter of Beta Kappa Fraternity in 1925 and, after the merger with Theta Chi, was installed as the Beta Phi Chapter on October 31, 1942. The Beta Phi Chapter would enjoy 29 years of brotherhood until it would go indefinitely inactive in the Spring of 1971.

Forty years later, two juniors, Kyle Fleury and Kyle Yamauchi, set out to re-establish Theta Chi at the University of Nevada and on May 18, 2014 Beta Phi was officially reinstalled as an official chapter of Theta Chi.